Hours of Operation: May to September from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., weather permitting
Age Range: all ages
Parking: large parking lot at the Uxbridge Arena and Recreation Centre right at the splash pad entrance
Ground Cover: cement
- 3 bucket dump that spins!
- 1 large moose that spits water and has a rainfall under his belly
- 1 bear holding a fish that spits water
- 1 spray arch
- 3 small spray critters (turtle, butterfly and ladybug)
- 1 spray bubble post
- multiple in ground spray jets and fountain style jets!
Accessibility Features: wheelchair accessible
Facilities/Surrounding Park Area/Other:
- basketball net in the back parking lot pavement
- amphitheater beside the splash pad
- closest playground is Quaker Trail Park (a 5 minute walk away) **review coming soon
Seating: 6 picnic tables in the shade pavilion, multiple park benches around the splash pad as well as retaining wall rock seating
Shade: none over the splash pad, shade pavilion right beside the splash pad
Overall assessment: This is one of the best splash pads we have been to in Durham Region! It is so unique with the animal theme and spray jets! Also the random movements and power of the in ground spray jets and fountains themselves brings excitement and anticipation to the kids at play because you never know which ones will shoot out next, or if the fountains will be small or large! A couple of the smaller spray critters weren't operating when we were visiting, but that didn't impact the fun at all because there are soooo many other ways to enjoy the water! We will definitely make a day trip back to Uxbridge for this splash pad again! There are two sensor activation posts, but we couldn't tell which post activated which water features because the other kids were constantly ensuring they were always activated hahaha. There are no outdoor washrooms, but we imagine you could use the rec centre facilities if needed.