Ahhh.....summer! How I've always dreamed of summer, and sun, and all things hot....since winter. If you don't sign up for too many sports or activities during summer break, how on earth do you plan on keeping the kids entertained all summer? I believe boredom is a good thing and all kids should experience it every summer as it drives creativity BUT it can also drive parents crazy!!
We truly love bucket lists as they are a great learning tool to use at home. Building a bucket list with your kids (especially for the summer)
Summer Playground Bucket List
- visit a local playground!
- cool off in a local splash pad!
- visit a local beach (but don't forget to check the beach health updates first)
- make your own ice cream....yum
- eat your way through the Unofficial Durham Region Ice Cream Trail!
- have a reusable sponge water fight (instead of a water balloon fight)
- break out the sidewalk chalk
- go for a walk and have a picnic
- read a book under a tree
- go star gazing
- visit a local farm
- go geocaching
- explore a local fishing hole
- harness the power of the sun - make your own smores
- host a backyard science experiment day
- start your #Canada150 Participaction 150 Play List (there are PRIZES!)
- or try to visit as many of Canada's 150 coolest playgrounds as you can!
- don't forget to get a FREE #Canada150 Parks Discovery Pass and explore some of the many National Parks and Historic Sites our great nation has to offer this year
Remember, do not make the list too long as it may seem impossible to accomplish before you start a
Fall Playground Bucket List!