Address: 330 Lake Road, Bowmanville, Ontario
Cost: varies by activity please check the website for details
*NOTE: currently private bookings of the facility are available at a reasonable rate for social bubble circles
Tuesdays through Sundays 10am-8pm
- Indoor Playground structure; with a multiple story play structure and various play elements at different locations throughout, including a separate toddler area with smaller slide, this is the place to let the kids run free, including a mini skyscraper climbing tower with a real belay safety harness! https://joeysplayground.com/play/
- Sky Trekking; a suspended obstacle course to challenge your skills, children must be able to reach with their fingertips 65″ height, maximum participant height is 80″ (6’8”), and maximum weight limit is 275 pounds. https://joeysplayground.com/skytrekking/
- Stoick Axe Throwing is open daily from 4pm-9pm; this one is for the big kids, each lane fits 2-4 participants but you can always book more than one lane with friends! This is also a WATL certified League facility that is in the same building as Joey's World Playground! https://stoickaxethrowing.com/
- Pinnacle Indoor Rock Climbing sessions are available to book daily from 10am-6pm; with 40ft walls and over 4,000 sq ft of climbing space, this is a great indoor rock climbing facility in Durham and is in the same building as Joey's World Playground! https://pinnacleindoorclimbing.com/
Top notch! With the current 2020 pandemic, restrictions on cleaning have certainly changed and Joey's World management has gone above and beyond ensuring that the Indoor Playground is kept clean between each private social circle booking. Staff were very attentive to cleanliness and climbed through the entire playground structure after our social circle private booking ended.
Safety: Waiver to sign before your first visit if anyone is participating in the skyscraper climbing tower that is part of the Indoor Play area, or if you are booking axe throwing or rock climbing. Play safety rules are posted at the bottom of the structure and socks are required for play.
NOTE: current safety precautions require all guests to wear masks upon entering the facility but can be removed when using the play areas. All staff will wear masks at all times.
Food: Joey's World is a nut aware facility. No outside food is permitted. No food, drinks or gum allowed in the play areas. There is a small concession counter that serves drinks, snacks, and a small selection of hot foods. (NOTE: food selection is limited during private social circle bookings).
- two party rooms are available for birthdays and special events
- free wi-fi in the lounge area for parents and caregivers
Adults are encouraged to play with the kids!
Gift cards are available online here.
Best for Ages: toddler to Adult. The main play structure is recommended for ages 5 and up but our 3 year old didn't have too many issues reaching platforms with the help of her big sister. She wanted to be where the big kid action was but did spend quite a bit of time in the toddler area as well by herself.
Overall Review: We love Joey's World! I just wish we didn't live so far away or we would definitely be visiting them more often. Our kids, ages 6 and 3, love the indoor playground structure. There are many different levels and elements for them to play hide and seek around, two different slides with one in the top to middle of the structure and one twirly slide from the top to the bottom. The highlight for our 6 year old was the skyscraper climbing wall. She loved climbing up and learning how to belay herself down. While we didn't try out the sky trekking, axe throwing, or pinnacle rock climbing facility, they definitely deserve a separate trip out with a new review when I do get a chance to go again (maybe without the kids?).