'Then fill it dear Jenny, dear Jenny, dear Jenny. Then fill it dear Jenny, dear Jenny fill it.'
With what shall I fill it? With landscaping tarp, then rocks, more tarp, then sand! Phew! Ordered the rocks and sand today to get dumped onto our driveway so that I may spend the next few days (weeks?) transporting it through the side gate to fill the sandpit hole. In my previous post Sandpit Part 1 you may recall that my husband has decided this is my project alone because it is such a big crazy undertaking. Therefore I may just have to quit my day job (yes I still have one outside of this site and blog) to finish this sandpit before the end of summer!
Things left to do;
1) when fill is delivered truck it to the hole in the backyard
2) build a bench seat around the tree stump to cover the roots (see inspiration picture below)
3) trench holes for siding
4) lay wood for sides and secure together (somehow) in a boat shape'ish'
5) secure tie knobs to the sides and make a sandpit cover (have to keep the neighbourhood cats out)
6) set up muskoka chair, pop open a coronita (can't handle the larger ones as they get warm too fast) and enjoy fruits of labour while watching daughter play in the sandpit
Did I miss anything?